Saturday, December 4, 2010

December

Another month has gone by, and it is time again for an update. What have I been up to in the last month? I've written about 70 pages of papers, read countless books, had numerous conversations, and made innumerable cups of coffee/tea. It's been a good month.

For one week during the middle of November I took a course in Calgary. We did five days of class, 6 hours of class a day. It was fun, mostly because I did it with all the other senior interns in Explore and Discover and we were able to hang out together outside of class time. It also snowed, and I was the driver, so I got a lot of practice driving in Alberta snow. 'Twas fun, but I've now had my fill of that variety of winter driving.

Last night Discover had their big fund raising event, raising money for our ministry practicum in El Salvador. The girls put a ton of work into it, and it went off well. We did coffee, punch, and tons of baked goods. Also had live music and live and silent auction items. In the two hour event we made over $2200! I was quite impressed by the entire event and how well they pulled it off.

In personal news, God's been teaching me to depend on Him more. I've been able to develop good relationships with a bunch of the girls in Discover and it's been fun to see what God's done with that. He's able to do abundantly more than we ask or imagine!

A verse which has stood out to me lately is Daniel 11:32b, "but the people who know their God shall stand firm and take action." This verse reminds me of three things: 1) I need to continue pursuing God so that I can truly know Him; 2) in what I do know, I must stand firm; and 3) if I know God and know what I should do, then I am obligated to take action on it. It's been neat to see what effect this perspective has on my life.

What's next? I have four more class sessions, one more paper, two finals, four meetings, and a bunch of random things to finish up before I fly home a week from today. It's gonna be good!

~Peace

No comments: